N00023 – Music Therapist
"RCA employees come together with our unique talents, trainings, skills and above all else – passion for the work that we are doing. From teaching yoga, meditation and mindfulness practices to providing reiki treatments, planting gardens, aromatherapy classes and so much more, I get to witness and listen to our patients share how they are healing and benefiting during their time with us." Lynn M. Yoga Instructor
In 2013, Recovery Centers of America (RCA) announced a goal: Save one million lives from the disease of addiction. We’re working fast and hard to fulfill that promise, with over 11 facilities that offer evidence-based inpatient, outpatient, and medication-assisted treatment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We know one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to addiction treatment; that’s why we tailor our treatment for each patient and offer specialized programs for patients with trauma and multiple recurrences, as well as programs for older adults, first responders, and more.
We believe in the power of local treatment, because families are a huge part of the treatment and recovery process at RCA. Our family program rebuilds, restores, or strengthens family relationships.
Our curriculum, resources, and evidence-based care were created to help patients not just achieve recovery, but maintain it for life. All of our services and treatment are delivered by clinical expertise – that’s where you come in.
All of our services and treatment is delivered by compassionate, dedicated expertise – that’s where you come in.
As a Specialty Therapist, you’ll be a part of our exciting mission of helping millions of people jumpstart their recovery. Your holistic, creative means of treatment will aid in patient recovery, as you support and implement effective techniques while making a difference in the lives of patients, their families, and communities.
If you’re looking for a fulfilling, life-changing job, Recovery Centers of America is the right place for you. And you’re the right candidate for us!
* Meets with patients and arranges activities and sessions
* Plans and facilitates activities and maintains the workshop/music room/sports facility and equipment
* Organizes and carries out one-on-one or group workshops and/or lessons
* Assesses a patient’s condition and recommends appropriate artistic/musical/physical activity.
* Liaison with case managers and other health professionals and physicians
* Designs projects using the patient’s understanding of how art media, music techniques, and physical activity can influence people. For example, patients may create an image showing parts of their past that they would like to leave behind, or a musical piece that threads through an experience
* Engages clients in reflection about the art they have created.
* Bachelor’s degree in Art/Art Therapy, Music/Music Therapy, Sports and/or Physical Education, psychology, or social work required
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills
* A strong knowledge and understanding of the theory and practice of psychotherapy and the role art /music/physical activity can play in treatment
* Excellent artistic/musical/physical training abilities includes creativity, imagination and enthusiasm
* Maturity patience and a calm, respectful manner
* Provides a trusting, open, kindhearted atmosphere that encourages learning and participation
* Strong empathy with and commitment to helping people from all walks of life
* Ability to deal with difficult, perhaps painful and embarrassing situations
Recovery Centers of America at Devon
235 W. Lancaster Avenue OPCO LLC, Devon, Pennsylvania 19333