E00804 – Mental Health Counselor
Recovery Centers of America is hiring a mental health counselor to work in our IHP and IOP program, treating our adult population suffering from mental health issues, eating disorders, and addiction. The ideal candidate has expertise working with individual, couples, family, group configurations, meal support, and working with a multidisciplinary team, using evidence-based and person-centered practices.
- Evaluate clients’ mental and physical health and assess their readiness for treatment
- Help develop treatment goals and plans and review treatment plan with clients and their families
- Help clients develop skills and behaviors necessary to treat mental health and eating disorders symptoms
- Teach clients’ families about mental health issues and help families develop strategies to cope with those issues
- Refer clients to other resources and services, such as job placement services and support groups
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling required
- Licensure as a LMHC, LCSW, LPC, or Ph.D. in Psychology preferred
- 1-3 years of collective experience treating mental health, eating disorders
- Knowledge of group, individual, family counseling and meal support (for clients with eating disorders)
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and the ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into the organization.