E00783 – Nurse Manager
The Nurse Manager, working under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, is located at the specific Recovery Centers of America facility and is responsible to independently lead and support assigned units or sectors within the department thru chart audits, direct supervision of the nursing team to include direct staff supervision, patient oversight, quality assurance, designing and executing clinical, operational, and technological trainings, onboarding of new department employees, providing remedial training for staff monitoring and maintain high quality clinical outcomes.
- Direct Staff supervision, mentorship and evaluation of all nursing staff.
- Ensures high quality clinical outcomes through electronic monitoring and direct physical oversight and prompt incident report review
- Ensures through formal trainings, remedial trainings and one-on-one coaching that all employees in the nursing department are well-educated in their job functions. This may include, but is not limited to, clinical activities, operational procedures and the use of technology in the course of each staff member’s day-to-day activities.
- Working with the site’s leadership team, the Nurse Manager identifies ongoing training needs of staff thru direct oversite and chart audits and develops a workflow to meet those training needs. This may include small-group work or one-on-one remedial work. Ensures that training events are completed on time and within budget.
- Collaborates with the Director of Nursing Team to develop, implement and maintain new and established initiatives.
- Remains up to date on policy, protocol, operational and technological changes at RCA and incorporates those changes into ongoing training activities, at the direction and support of the Director of Nursing.
- Working with the Director of Nursing annually creates and disseminates updated emergency response, infection control, and training plans for all employees.
- Working with the Learning Management System administrator, ensures all nursing staff are current with required electronic seminars identified for each employee’s position.
- Consult with Director of Nursing, Medical Director and Health Care Providers on a routine basis in support of organizational mission and vision.
- Interact with patients and families, clinical teams to promote individualized, person-centered and recovery-oriented treatment.
- Maintain the standards of care and nursing practices with a focus on safety and incorporation of evidence-based practice.
- Adheres to and supports the nursing department with quality and compliance expectations provided by accreditors, licensures, and regulatory standards
- Observes and conducts nursing competencies, remedial or reeducation and employee corrective action as indicated.
- Works collaboratively with site leadership team members as a member of the leadership team
- Conducts purposeful rounding and supports each neighborhood as assigned
- Monitors and maintains employee schedule and pay role
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
· Current/Active State Licensure.
· At least two years of experience in behavioral health/substance use disorder treatment preferred.
· Experience in one or more of the following areas: Motivational Interviewing, Clinical Supervision, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Addiction Severity Index, ASAM, trauma-informed care, and/or treatment planning; together with a strong knowledge of electronic medical records.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Willingness to be flexible in adjusting to new and changing situations
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
· Excellent organizational skills required
Job Knowledge: Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Planning: Develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others.
Presentation: Effectively deliver content that meets the needs, wants, and levels of participants, and that can be effectively transferred from the classroom to the workplace.
Learning Environment: Trainings and trainers support environments that are conducive to teaching and encouraging learning.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional skilled nursing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as medical equipment, computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. regular early morning, evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel: Travel to the corporate office or another RCA location from time-to-time may be required. Otherwise, this position is located at the site.
Recovery Centers of America at Devon
235 W. Lancaster Avenue OPCO LLC, Devon, Pennsylvania 19333