E00332 – Spiritual Advisor
Position Overview: Accountable for the planning, development and delivery of comprehensive, multi faith spiritual and pastoral care (and/or support) services for patients, relatives, care-givers, volunteers and staff at an RCA facility.
* Develops effective working relationships within the local community including faith and secular groups. Develops facility-wide spiritual care policy and practice in liaison with a multi-disciplinary team colleagues and case manager. Develop RCA facilities for quiet reflection and prayer for service users of different faiths and no particular faith.
* Existential support: To respond to the existential needs arising from the impact of patient’s illness, their caregivers, and families.
* Liaison: Make referrals to other professionals in the substance abuse community or hospital as appropriate, to assist and advise religious and secular leaders in the pastoral and spiritual care of their people while in the RCA facility.
* Guidance: To support all RCA patients, relatives, caregivers, volunteers and staff with an understanding of their own spiritual and pastoral issues, identify resources to address them. This may include support for people with differing faiths and belief systems.
* Ability to work flexibly, including some "out of hours" work
* Ability to travel to carry out work related activities
Education and Experience:
* Degree in Theology or related subject such as philosophy
* Membership of AHPCC or other Professional Body
* Experience of working with those facing substance abuse issues and/relapse.
* Ordained for at least three years or completed three years ministerial/pastoral experience.
* A good understanding of the substance abuse philosophy and the holistic care offered to patients
* Experience of working in a multi disciplinary context.
* Experience of working alone and in an ecumenical team needs to be a team player
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Recovery Centers of America at Devon
235 W. Lancaster Avenue OPCO LLC, Devon, Pennsylvania 19333