Recovery Centers of America at Devon
Position Overview: The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) will work closely with the Director of Nursing (DON) to improve the quality of patient care and services provide by the nursing team. In the absence of the Director of Nursing, the ADON will oversee the nursing team, ensuring quality customer service and compliance with all federal, state and local rules and regulations, as well as the policies and procedures set by the employer in accordance with federal and local regulations. The ADON compliments the DON in planning, developing and supervising the activities of license and non-licensed personnel who provide health care and nursing services to patients.
- In collaboration with Human Resources and the training department, is involved in the hiring and training of nursing staff
- Conducts nursing rounds on all unit’s multiple times throughout shift
- Directly supervises nursing staff by monitoring the distribution of medications, blood draws and other elements of patient care
- Assists the DON in the development, implementation and evaluation of facility policies, procedures and guidelines on an annual and ongoing basis (i.e. nursing pharmacy, lab, physicians, medical records, etc.)
- Maintains and updates auditing, compliance and legal documentation, including analyzing patient and staff data.
- Plans and implements staff meetings and training seminars.
- Monitors nursing teams work schedules. Approves time cards.
- Direct patient care as dictated by patient needs and staffing schedule
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or diploma from qualified nursing school and equivalent experience
· State Registered Nursing license required
· 4 years nursing experience, with demonstrated supervisory experience.
· Knowledge of health care, detoxification process, addiction, co-occurring disorders, DSM Criteria, and terminology.
· Possesses strong leadership qualities and conflict-resolution skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrates group presentation skills and participates as a leader in meetings.
· Hires, trains, directs and evaluates nursing staff
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and proprietary facility systems
Creating the New and Different: The ability to generate new ideas and breakthroughs requires vision, creativity, and broad interests and knowledge. Must also be able to speculate about alternatives, manage the innovation process and teams, and bring those ideas to market.
Focusing on Action and Outcomes: Transformative CMOs must possess the potent combination of attacking everything with energy–while also keeping an eye on the bottom line. They must be unafraid to initiate action based on incomplete data, then drive to the finish and honestly assess results.
Inspiring Others: Building motivated, high-performing teams–or even moving an entire organization to perform at a higher level–demands a compelling vision, commitment, and superior communication. These leaders also must understand what motivates different individuals.
Business Acumen: Ability to develop and administer budgets with a strong bottom-line mentality. Understands the levers that make the biggest impact.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.