Recovery Centers of America at Devon
Position Overview: The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) will work closely with the Director of Nursing (DON) to improve the quality of patient care and services provide by the nursing team. In the absence of the Director of Nursing, the ADON will oversee the nursing team, ensuring quality customer service and compliance with all federal, state and local rules and regulations, as well as the policies and procedures set by the employer in accordance with federal and local regulations. The ADON compliments the DON in planning, developing and supervising the activities of license and non-licensed personnel who provide health care and nursing services to patients.
- In collaboration with Human Resources and the training department, is involved in the hiring and training of nursing staff
- Conducts nursing rounds on all unit’s multiple times throughout shift
- Directly supervises nursing staff by monitoring the distribution of medications, blood draws and other elements of patient care
- Assists the DON in the development, implementation and evaluation of facility policies, procedures and guidelines on an annual and ongoing basis (i.e. nursing pharmacy, lab, physicians, medical records, etc.)
- Maintains and updates auditing, compliance and legal documentation, including analyzing patient and staff data.
- Plans and implements staff meetings and training seminars.
- Monitors nursing teams work schedules. Approves time cards.
- Direct patient care as dictated by patient needs and staffing schedule
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or diploma from qualified nursing school and equivalent experience
· State Registered Nursing license required
· 4 years nursing experience, with demonstrated supervisory experience.
· Knowledge of health care, detoxification process, addiction, co-occurring disorders, DSM Criteria, and terminology.
· Possesses strong leadership qualities and conflict-resolution skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrates group presentation skills and participates as a leader in meetings.
· Hires, trains, directs and evaluates nursing staff
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and proprietary facility systems