E00139 – Primary Therapist – Outpatient
In 2013, Recovery Centers of America (RCA) announced a goal: Save one million lives from the disease of addiction. We’re working fast and hard to fulfill that promise, with over 11 facilities that offer evidence-based inpatient, outpatient, and medication-assisted treatment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We know one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to addiction treatment; that’s why we tailor our treatment for each patient and offer specialized programs for patients with trauma and multiple recurrences, as well as programs for older adults, first responders, and more.
We believe in the power of local treatment, because families are a huge part of the treatment and recovery process at RCA. Our family program rebuilds, restores, or strengthens family relationships. As an Outpatient Primary Therapist, you’ll help facilitate family therapy sessions, as well as individual and group sessions.
Our curriculum, resources, and evidence-based care were created to help patients not just achieve recovery, but maintain it for life. All of our services and treatment are delivered by clinical expertise – that’s where you come in.
As an Outpatient Primary Therapist, you’ll be a part of our exciting mission of helping millions of people jumpstart their recovery. Your medical expertise will aid in patient recovery, as you support and implement evidence-based techniques while making a difference in the lives of patients, their families, and communities. You’ll pave the way in various therapy settings, teach patients to overcome the past, and provide the skills and strategies needed to overcome addiction.
If you’re looking for a fulfilling, life-changing job, Recovery Centers of America is the right place for you. And you’re the right candidate for us!
* Evaluate clients’ mental and physical health, eating disorder, or problem behavior and assess their readiness for treatment
* Help clients develop treatment goals and plans
* Review and recommend treatment options with clients and their families
* Help clients develop skills and behaviors necessary to recover from their addiction or modify their behavior
* Work with clients to identify behaviors or situations that interfere with their recovery
* Teach families about addiction or behavior disorders and help them develop strategies to cope with those problems
* Refer clients to other resources and services, such as job placement services and support groups
* Conduct outreach programs to help people identify the signs of addiction and other destructive behavior, as well as steps to take to avoid such behavior
* Direct oversight of census within assigned area, including ensuring adequate leads and/or direction where appropriate.
* Ensures site meets census/budgetary requirements.
* Master’s degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling required; licensure as a MHC, LMHC, LMSW, LCSW, or Ph.D. in Psychology required.
* One to three years of experience in a behavioral healthcare or substance abuse settings serving culturally diverse populations.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
* Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
* Proven ability to handle multiple projects under pressure.
* Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
* Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and the ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into the organization.
* Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
* Exhibits excellent customer relation skills as evidenced by supportive and constructive communication with all contacts including coworkers, patients, residents, visitors, families and referral sources.
* Knowledge of group, individual and family counseling
* Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
* Problem Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges.
* Communication Proficiency: Comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, and ability to choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
* Group Counseling: Experience facilitating psycho-education groups
* Individual Counseling: Ability to provide counseling on an individual basis
* Family Counseling: An ability to provide family counseling